I prepare my meal usually using instant ingredients. Instant noodles, making rice with a rice cooker, chicken with instant seasoning, or anything in packages and ready to make within a few minutes.
Then, yesterday evening, all of a sudden, I wanted to cook something different and not instant for dinner. I wanted something fresh, spicy and fishy but simple. Thinking on what kind of food I was going to make, my mind went to prawn. Yes, prawn. I really like prawn and it’s been a long time I didn’t eat prawn.
But, there was a problem. I didn’t know any recipe for the prawn. I searched in the Internet and I found many recipes, but it’s too difficult for me to make. I wanted something simple. So, I decided to not using any recipe and make the prawn with my own way. It took about half an hour to make it and eventually it was really delicious and spicy. Look at the picture of it below! So tempting, isn’t it?
How to make it? Here is the recipe.
– Ingredients: giant prawn, champignon, onion, garlic, pepper, celery, salt, vegetable oil and hot chili.
- Slice onion, garlic, and hot chili into small pieces.
- Slice champignon into small pieces
- Stir fry the prawn until it’s half-cooked (about 6 minutes, depends on the size) or its color turn to a bit orange.
- Take the prawn from the pan.
- Stir fry the sliced-onion, garlic and hot chili for about 2 minute, until the aroma comes out.
- Put the prawn and champignon into the pan, mix and stir fry with the spice for a while.
- Add a glass of water
- Add salt, pepper and sugar (just a bit).
- When it’s almost ready, add chopped celery..
- …………….then you have the yummy champion prawn..
If you don’t like hot spicy food, then you don’t need hot chili. The Champion Prawn is perfect with steamed rice.
Enjoy your meal!!
(Dari dapur Jupiter, April 2012)